The Mediterranean sea is the jewel of Europe. Stunning beaches, super yachts, ancient cities and history aplenty. Cruising through Europe is one of the best ways to take in the beauty of the Med, see the the sites and relax along the way.
Cruiseabout has the best options when it comes to cruises around the Mediterranean. When booking a cruise through Europe, whether it’s summer or winter, some of the highlights on the Mediterranean that you shouldn’t miss are:
- Italy – The cobblestone streets of Rome simply ooze history, Venice and it’s canals won’t be around forever and the island of Sardinia is an ocean lovers paradise.
- Greece – With an abundance of wonderful islands, no one does island hopping better than the Greeks!
- Croatia – Croatia’s stunning coastline is something to marvel at. The ancient walled city of Dubrovnik is perfectly preserved and shouldn’t be missed.
- France – France has prime position when it comes to Mediterranean coastline. The Cote d’Azur is where the rich and famous come to play.
- Spain – The Spanish know how to party and Spain’s islands like Ibiza and Majorca are the best when it comes to nightlife.
The food is one of THE best parts of Europe and just because you’re on a cruise doesn’t mean you miss out on fabulous regional cuisine. Take this quiz below to see how much you know about cuisine of Mediterranean Europe. From Baklava to Bruschetta you won’t be disappointed when it comes to the food in Spain, Italy, France, Greece, Croatia and Turkey.